The Public Information Officer is responsible for working with the media, distributing press releases, coordinating press conferences, and providing vital information to the public during emergencies. Our goal is to keep residents up-to-date on news and current events occurring within County government and to assist with Public Information Act requests to inspect or receive copies of public records.
This website enables members of the news media, as well as the general public, to obtain the latest press releases and media advisories. News on this site is updated regularly, so be sure to return to the News and Announcements page often to find out what's happening throughout the County.
Read more on Maryland's Public Information Act.
Direct all emails to the address below.
Information Available on This Site
- Adopted Operating Budgets
- Bids - Open for Bid and Past Deadline
- Capital Improvement Plans
- Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Financial Reports - Comprehensive Annual and Compliance
- Legislation - Approved and Pending
- Water Quality Reports
Information Not Available on This Site
For any information not available on this site, a written or e-mailed request must be made to the public information officer. Contact information is posted at the bottom of this page. A fee may be charged for retrieval of requested information. Please see the reolutions below for more information:
- Resolution 07-14: Fees to be Collected for Information Requests Pursuant to the Public Information Act
- Resolution 03-18: Policies and Procedures for Disclosure of 911 Records
Public Information Officer
Worcester County Government Center
1 W. Market St. Room 1103
Snow Hill, MD 21863